Camp Sidney Dew
2014 Summer Camp Contacts
Rusty Redshaw, Camp Director: email@example.com
Jonathan Stone, Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Stone, Business Manager: email@example.com
Bill Pompie, Properties Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Making a Summer Camp Reservation
If you are interested in making a campsite reservation for your troop to attend Camp Sidney Dew for summer camp in 2014 then follow these steps:
- Find and complete the summer camp reservation application that can be found above under the "Forms and Links" heading.
- After you complete the application then you should mail or fax the completed application to the Rome Scout Office or you can scan and email it to Rob Stone, Business Manager to the email address provided above.
- *Please note that the $100 campsite deposit is not due at the time that you turn in the completed application. However, we must receive your deposit within 10 days of receiving your completed reservation application! Otherwise, you are at risk of losing your reservation.
Applying for Summer Camp Staff
If you are interested in applying to work on Summer Camp Staff at Camp Sidney Dew then please follow these steps:
- Find and complete the camp staff application posted above under the "Forms and Links" heading. *Please note that if you are only 14 years old then you may only volunteer as a Counselor-In-Training and must fill out the CIT application instead.
- After you complete the appropriate application then you can either mail or fax your completed application to the Rome Scout Office or you can scan and email your completed application to Jonathan Stone, Program Director at the email address provided above.
- PLEASE NOTE, that a final hiring decision may not be made until after the application deadline on April 15th, 2014 and that most first time staff applicants will be contacted to set up an interview on the Staff Interview Day on May 3rd, 2014 which will delay their hiring decision until after the interview date.
Summer Camp Online Registration is ACTIVE!
CSD Week 1 (June 8-14): http://www.nwgabsa.org/event/1372317
CSD Week 2 (June 15-21): http://www.nwgabsa.org/event/1380537
CSD Week 3 (June 22-28): http://www.nwgabsa.org/event/1380538
CSD Week 4 (June 29-July 5): http://www.nwgabsa.org/event/1380539
About Camp Sidney Dew
Located in the northwest corner of Georgia and approximately 20 miles north of Rome, Camp Sidney Dew offers the natural beauty of the Appalachian foothills. Founded in the late 1930’s, the camp is a unique blend of old and new, with several of the early structures still in use and many new structures in place or soon to be built. Located in the “pocket area” between John’s Mountain and Horn Mountain, the camp’s 650+ acres are bordered on the north by the Chattahoochee National Forest and on the south by John’s Creek. The camp’s rolling terrain offers an abundance of deer, wild turkey, and other wildlife, including a trout stream open annually to fishing from March 1st through October 31st. Several points of interest are within a couple hours’ drive from camp. Visiting units can explore the Etowah Indian Mounds, Chickamauga Battlefield, New Echota Historic Site, museums and historic sites of Rome and Atlanta, and more. In short, Camp Sidney Dew is the crown jewel of a council which, though small, is committed to offering the best possible program for Scouts and Scouters of all ages.