Green Bar ILST Youth Training
Green Bar ILST is a combination of the National BSA Syllabus Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops and the Principles and Skills of the patrol method developed by Green Bar Bill Hillcourt.
The Course presents the skills in a practical unique fun environment of an actual patrol. Youth Instruction presented to youth as the real patrol experience.
The course is designed to train an entire patrol or train select youth leaders of a troop and supply them with resources and confidence to return to their unit and execute such training within their unit.
Who Can Attend?
Any Registered Scout BSA Scout Rank or above
(Recommended - but not required- with at least 1 year of Scouting, Especially Troop Youth Leadership)
• Organizing the troop
• Troop Position responsibilities
• Planning and organizing activities and meetings
• Assigning duties to others, Duty Rosters
• Planning menus and estimating food costs
• Encouraging advancement throughout the troop
• Guiding a troop’s involvement in problem-solving
• Teaching outdoor and scout skills
• Ensuring the troop’s safety during meetings and outings
• Helping other Boy Scouts make the most of their own leadership opportunities
What About Adults? Troops don't have to send adults as the course has adult staff during the entire time. Adults that are interested in the Ideal patrol method and how it runs are welcome to register and will experince the same program as the youth but with the perspective from adult leadership.
Troops can send their newest leaders to CSD and complete ITOLS being held on camp this same weekend.
Participants Cap: Only 60 Youth Participants spots available, includes food for the weekend, “Trained” patch at completion, and Course Materials.
COST: $25 per person if registered by Sunday Feb.25
$30 for registration after February 25, 2019 Registration Closes March 3, 2019
The Button below is for registration by Unit through Tentaroo
Below Unit Sign Up is an individual sign up registration.
|Conasauga Senior District Executive||Brandon Kleimann||(706) 235-5545|
|Event Coordinator||Max McAdams||(706) 346-5294|