2021 National Jamboree
National Jamboree is Scouting's flagship event. It is a one-of-a-kind gathering of approximately 40,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for participants, volunteers, and visitors to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place. Features include one of the longest zip line courses in North America, a world-class skate park, ATV offerings, treetop canopy tours, rock climbing, patch trading, stadium shows, and much more! It is held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve on over 40,000 acres in the New River Gorge, the permanent home of the National Scout Jamboree and BSA's fourth High Adventure base. The next National Jamboree will be July 21-30, 2021 at the Summit Bechtel Reserve.
The Northwest Georgia Council will take a contingent of 36 Youth and 4 Adult Leaders.
Youth Participant Qualifications:
Scouts must have a current BSA membership with a Scouts BSA Troop.
- Must be at least a First Class Scout.
- MUST be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree but has not reached their 18th birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Be approved by the unit leader and local council.
- MUST have appropriate parent/guardian to complete the online parental consent. (An email will be sent to the parent/guardian during the application process.)
- Participate in pre-Jamboree training experience with local council and unit leader.
- Submitted BSA Annual Health & Medical Record using the on-line Jamboree submission process. The AHMR must be dated on or after July 1, 2020.
- Submit all registrations fees per the local council’s payment schedule.
Submit your youth application and deposit on the application below.
2021 National Scout Jamboree Troop Leader Requirements
NOTICE: Jamboree leadership requires a serious financial and time commitment. Please review the requirements prior to submitting your application. Applications will not be accepted for leaders who cannot commit to the entire Jamboree and pre-Jamboree activities.
Adults wishing to apply for one of four adult leadership positions in the Northwest Georgia Council’s Jamboree Troop should fill out an “Intent to Serve as a Jamboree Adult Leader” application.
The Jamboree Leadership Selection Committee will review candidates and make recommendations to the Council Executive. Adult Leader candidates will be interviewed by the Jamboree Leadership Selection Committee. After the committee has reviewed your application, they will schedule you for an interview.
To qualify as a 2021 National Jamboree Troop Leader, applicants are required to:
- Must have served as a Troop, Post, or Crew leader (eg. - Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster, or equivalent, with direct youth contact).
- Completed training requirements for leadership position held.
- Complete Youth Protection Training within 12 months prior to the Jamboree.
- Wood Badge training is recommended.
- Commit to help recruit and retain a full 36-member Council Contingent for this Jamboree.
- Commit to attend the entire Jamboree July 21- 30, 2021 plus travel days before and after.
- Commit to attending all Jamboree Leader Meetings, Jamboree Orientation, and 2 “Shake-Down” Weekends in preparation for the Jamboree.
- Be able to serve as a role model.
- Can meet health & fitness requirements for the Jamboree.
- File an “Intent to Serve as a Jamboree Adult Leader” application with the Council.
- Complete an interview with the Northwest Georgia Council National Jamboree Committee.
- Be approved and formally invited to serve by the Northwest Georgia Council National Jamboree Committee.
- Be approved by the Northwest Georgia Council Scout Executive
If you are capable of meeting the 2021 National Scout Jamboree Troop Leader Requirements there are 3 ways to summit your application:
Online: Submit the online form here: Adult Application
Submit Via Mail/In Person: Download form below and mail or submit in person to:
Northwest Georgia Council
1013 N. 5th Ave, Suite 1
Rome, GA 30162
Email: Download form below and email to email@example.com
Financial Details: Reserve your place now with a $200 application deposit. The total estimated cost for youth participants will be $1700. The fee includes all meals and transportation to and from the Jamboree. The fee also includes special patches, patrol & Troop/Crew equipment.
National website https://jamboree.scouting.org/
|Intent to Serve as a Jamboree Adult Leader||Download|