Log your Service Hours
A service project is a special Good Turn that puts Scout spirit into action. Some Good Turns are big—saving a life, helping out after floods or other disasters, recycling community trash, working on conservation projects. But Good Turns are often small, thoughtful acts—helping a child cross a busy street, going to the store for an elderly neighbor, cutting back brush that is blocking a sign, doing something special for a brother or sister, or welcoming a new student to your school. Anyone can get involved in a Good Turn.
Each Unit should Log into the National Site to log your annual service hours.
First-Time Users – Log In
What you will need:
- Your unit ID (five to 11 digits). If you don't know your unit id, contact your District Executive or Angela.Goodson@scouting.org
- Your unit number (four digits, no letters – ex. Pack 62 = 0062)
To register on the site:
- Place your cursor over the words New Users Click Here and click the left mouse button.
- Click I agree at the Confidentiality Statement window. If you disagree, you will not be allowed to enter information into the site.
- Use the unit ID (five- to 11-digit number) and local unit number (four-digit number) you received from the council to fill in the three fields on the user profile page. In the second field, select the type of unit you are registering. If you have not received your unit’s ID number or local unit number, call your local council or your district executive. If you are a volunteer for several units, each unit will have a separate ID and local unit number. (Keep this information somewhere where you can find it, because you will need it to change your user name or password.)
- TIP: If your unit number has less than four digits, add zeros in front of the number so that you have four digits (example: Unit 12 = 0012).
- Enter your name, address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address.
- Type in a user name of your choice. If the user name you typed in is already in use, you will be asked to select another user name.
- Type in and verify your password. This can be anything you choose between six and 10 characters.
- Click Register. The Home page of the data collection site appears.
- Be Prepared with your data, the system "times out" after about 60 seconds and data must be re-entered.
- If you have problems logging in, contact district executive
- A Service project form can also be submitted to district executive and hours recorded by a district volunteer.